Even though it still feels like summer here in Southern California, I am in the fall spirit. And in the spirit of fall I decided to share my favorite fall lipsticks with you! I love sporting deep rich colors during this season. Unfortunately, as the weather gets cooler my lips tend to get quite chapped, but not to worry because I’ve included some moisturizing lippies in my faves that will keep your lips happy throughout the season!
Here they are: 1. MAC LINGERING KISS: This limited edition color from Mac’s A Novel Romance Collection simply screams fall! Although this lippy looks super dark straight out of the tube, don’t let it scare you, it comes off as a beautiful deep plum red with warm undertones. This shade is perfect for giving you that fierce vampy look. It is a matte lipstick so you will have to moisturize your lips beforehand with some lip balm.
2. MAC VERVE: I’ve had this lipstick for about a year and am still in love with it! It has a satin finish and is among one of Macs most popular lipsticks. I would describe this shade as being brick colored with hints of brown and red. It can be worn lightly or layered on for a pigment packed pout. Since it’s a satin finish it won’t completely strip your lips of moisture.
3. ELF ROSY TAN: This lipstick will be your best friend on those days when you want a more natural look. This by far my favorite pinkish nude lipstick! It is wonderfully pigmented, moisturizing , and did I mention it’s affordable ($5.00 USD)! What more can a girl ask for?
4. NYX BUTTER LIPSTICK IN LICORICE: I remember when these first came on the market, they flew right off the shelves! Luckily, I was able to snag one when I attended IMATS. Nyx butter lipsticks are a cross between a moisturizing lip balm and a lipstick, you really get the best of both worlds! When I first swatched this I couldn’t believe how pigmented, yet moisturizing it was. This shade is a truly gorgeous deep berry with hints of red. You can swipe it once for a sheer hint of color or layer it on for a bolder look.
5. LOREAL SATINY COCOA: I am a big fan of Loreal’s Color Caresse lipstick line, in fact my favorite coral lipstick is from this line (check out my favorite coral lipsticks post here). This lipstick is comparable to Revlon’s Butter lipsticks, which I also love. It’s super moisturizing and beautifully pigmented. This color is a wonderful dusty cocoa. I find my self grabbing this lippy when my lips are especially dry.
6. REVLON LIP BUTTER IN RED VELVET: This lip butter is absolutely delicious, just like it’s name! Like I have mentioned before, I am completely obsessed with Revlon’s Lip Butters! They are ridiculously moisturizing and pigment packed. This is a great lippie for those of you who are just beginning to dip your toes into the world of red lipsticks. It comes off as a subtle deep red, rather than a bold bright red. I highly recommend this or any other lip butters from Revlon!
Side by Side Comparison:
Let me know what your favorite fall lipstick is!